Sunday, April 26, 2009

Once a vine has been cut from its roots how long will it stay supple enough to bend into any shape.?

Unfortunately my neighbour cut his vines from his wall that was facing my back yard. I estimate the age of the vine to be about 20 -30 yrs old. The Mother vine was able to support my weight of 172 lbs. It took me 3 tugs of my full weight to bring it down. I live in the northeast if that might help define which type of vine it is and figure that I have about 3 days before the older thicker vines dry up and harden while I might have a few days longer with the more younger ones.





Can anyone confirm for me please if my guess is accurate?





Also is there anyways I can preserve the folliage on the parts of the vine that I do not wish to strip?

Once a vine has been cut from its roots how long will it stay supple enough to bend into any shape.?
You can soak the vines in water if they dry out to make them more supple. That's what people who make vine furniture and baskets do. You can preserve the leaves with glycerin.


No comments:

Post a Comment