Sunday, April 26, 2009

My grape vine,raspberry,blue berry?

i planted a grape vine , at the end of march, as well as raspberry and blue berry , anyway my blue berry looks good and has been growing, the raspberry just looks like a dead stick that keeps growing,and my grape vine it had a green vine, but then it started dying , but now there is a little bit of gree back on it....





1. shoud i cut back the grape vine where the gree is and all of the dead part off?





2.is this normal for my raspberry to do this?

My grape vine,raspberry,blue berry?
Yes to both questions. Come fall, only cut off the old canes on your raspberry. You will know which ones as they will be the ones that set fruit this year. Raspberries send up new canes at the same time as the fruit forms . Do not cut the new canes back to the ground or no fruit next year. The grape will need to be trained to grow on something. A trellis, fence or something to help support the vine growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment