Sunday, April 26, 2009

How would Cross Vine and Trumpet vine do on a 25 foot high brick wall with a window?

I understand that the Cross vine grows very rapidly ,(as much as 10-20 feet a year, but also read that it grows up to 30 feet, so I am taking that it fills out mostly after reaching around that height. And I also read that it is evergreen and blooms in Spring.





Then, the Trumpet Vine, which looks very similar is NOT evergreen and blooms second half of summer into fall.





Anyone know how they would go together on the wall to create a single partial evergreen cover, which should bloom from Spring till late September?





will it be manageable on a wall only 25 feet in height with a window ?? (which I like to keep open in summer)





and does it attract bugs, etc?





Thanks for your answers!

How would Cross Vine and Trumpet vine do on a 25 foot high brick wall with a window?
Can't tell you a thing about Cross Vine but Trumpet vine is another matter. I planted trumpet vine to go up my house and it went all the way to the roof which was about 40 feet up and was growing on the roof. It is also very invasive and started putting up offshoots all over in my lawn and was moving into my neighbors yard. I tried to dig it out and found that the root was about as big around as a tree root. This root was starting to crack my sidewalk and I was very worried about what it might be doing to my foundation. It is a lovely plant but I will never have one near my house again.

domain name registration

No comments:

Post a Comment